Change of Direction

After taking a break and leaving the case idea to the side, I then went looking for a new route, and was lucky enough to find one quite quickly which I am happy with. Being a fan of all types of music, I thought I would base my project around the sound of phones and to attempt to find a way in which I could amplify this.

I started by going straight in with sketching. Looking at different ways and shapes I could play with. From this I tested placing Mobile Phones (in this case the HTC One) inside different styles of boxes and paper containers. This ranged from Cat food Container to egg cartons. From these tests I found that the egg carton portrayed the best result, boosting the sound much greater than the others. I found this rather odd as egg cartons are commonly used for sound proofing music studios as it absorbs vibrations. Below is the image showing my test.Image

As a last ditch effort to gain some extra research from my tests, I gathered as many odd shaped cartons as possible. With these i made slight edits to, cutting parts to be able to insert the necessary phone. After many attempts, an incision on a sweet container allowing the phone to lie down comfortably produced my best results yet. I was extremely happy to come across this as it gave me a firm direction in which this project was going. Below is the image of the most successful test.Image

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s