After much play of trying to get the correct sound effects to fit in with my video, I was very disappointing to find that i was unable to find most sounds needed. I came across little sites which allow you to download the correct file type to be applied to a Windows movie. Once I applied a couple of sounds into place, I did not enjoy the outcome as it sounded as if the video was unfinished and rather unprofessional. Due to this I removed the few sounds I was able to find. Even though this is the case, I am still extremely happy with the Final piece as it was made over a couple of days and still works very well. I believe it shows the aim of my product/system quite effectively and gives the viewer a sense of fun.
Here is my first attempt at adding sound effects to my video. As my main piece of feedback was aimed at the lack of sound, I had to give it a go. I knew Sound would enhance the final piece even more as there’s nothing worse than watching a video with no sound. This is just a quick snippet of the use of water splashes which I personally think works rather well. I will now go on and attempt to apply more sound effects although I am finding it difficult to find the correct sounds needed.
Here is my final outcome of my video for the Interaction Design – Field Module. I am quite happy with the final outcome as it is my first attempt of any type of movie and starting with stop motion is quite difficult to do in just a few days. After receiving my feedback which was pretty positive, there are a few things I will go back to and correct. These areas which were mentioned, for example, sound effects, were areas I was aware I needed to add but struggled. With a bit more work I will go back and try to push this video even further to produce a better outcome.
Filming my own video is something I have not experienced before, so with this project I am well outside my comfort zone. After seeing other videos being made by classmates I wanted to keep away from what appeared to be the norm of coming up with a product, making it on CAD software, then filming this piece moving. As making a video is something we haven’t been shown much of in Product Design, I wanted to make the most of this experience by producing something which may not of been thought of. I struggled to find an area I wanted to continue with so I started browsing through YouTube at existing videos. Above is a very short snippet of one of my first attempts I made of creating a moving video with Lego.
This is one of the most intricate piece of Lego Stop Motion I have come across. There is no details describing how much photos were taken to make this video, but there seems to be atleast 12 frames a second which must of taken the maker many weeks of solid work to make. For my video I will be using a lot less frames a seconds as we only have several days.
After being advised how company offices are becoming more involved with their playful sides, I came across this fantastic image which shows a variety of very well known companies worldwide. Having several jobs throughout my life, the most exciting of offices I have been near was that which had a free hot chocolate machine; not that i’m complaining.