After much play of trying to get the correct sound effects to fit in with my video, I was very disappointing to find that i was unable to find most sounds needed. I came across little sites which allow you to download the correct file type to be applied to a Windows movie. Once I applied a couple of sounds into place, I did not enjoy the outcome as it sounded as if the video was unfinished and rather unprofessional. Due to this I removed the few sounds I was able to find. Even though this is the case, I am still extremely happy with the Final piece as it was made over a couple of days and still works very well. I believe it shows the aim of my product/system quite effectively and gives the viewer a sense of fun.
Here is my final outcome of my video for the Interaction Design – Field Module. I am quite happy with the final outcome as it is my first attempt of any type of movie and starting with stop motion is quite difficult to do in just a few days. After receiving my feedback which was pretty positive, there are a few things I will go back to and correct. These areas which were mentioned, for example, sound effects, were areas I was aware I needed to add but struggled. With a bit more work I will go back and try to push this video even further to produce a better outcome.
This is one of the most intricate piece of Lego Stop Motion I have come across. There is no details describing how much photos were taken to make this video, but there seems to be atleast 12 frames a second which must of taken the maker many weeks of solid work to make. For my video I will be using a lot less frames a seconds as we only have several days.
After having my tutorial with Steve, I began to look at the sort of route i could take this project in. As i already knew i would be basing it in swimming pools, i made a list of the different types of games that could be brought into such areas. When discussing with Steve, he advised many different ideas and it was nice to see that he was as excited about the idea as i was. Below are a couple of sketches and ideas sheets showing a brief brainstorm of early concepts.
From this, i kept finding myself looking at one idea in particular which i thought would be extremely exciting if the system was to be made into a reality. This system was a game for more than one person which includes the use of 3D projected sharks, underwater speakers, and laser guns. As crazy as this sounds, the system would work quite simply. The game requires a person to control a board, which is ran with the use of magnets and sensors. When a magnet (Shaped like a shark) is moved across the board which will be a map of the pool, the 3D holographic shark will be portrayed onto floor of pool. With this, the persons already in pool will attempt to escape this shark or kill it with laser guns supplied once entering pool. doing so will allow the victor to gain control of the board, hoping to catch his friends. When the shark is killed, or the shark manages to catch the person, speakers which are placed into the flooring of the pool will vibrate, creating bubbles as well as sound effects. To add to theses features, lighting effects will be used. For instance, if the shark is killed, a ray of red light will be shone onto area to create the sense of blood etc.